CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children
teach us what life is all about."



Thursday, October 22, 2009

SURPRISE!!

I had a wonderful night tonight. I was rushing around trying to get children settled before Lee and I were expected to leave for a Hail and Farewell with the Chaplains and Assistants that work at Tripler Army Medical Center. I was frantic to finish dinner, get ready and finish dinner for the clan. As we drove down to the event I was so relieved to be out for a moment and to share some time with Lee. We were taking Bristol to meet her extended island family tonight and I was excited to see my friends. We went to the Mongolian BBQ at Hickam Air Force Base's Officers Club. (Always a treat). Everyone was so excited to see Bristol and commented on how cute she was and what a joy she was. As dinner came to a close, Chaplain Criner stood up and welcomed a new assistant and said good-byes to Chaplain Fuerher. This was particularly sad as we have come to love the Fuerher's and their positive outlook and loving manner towards all. I just love Chaplain Fuerher's wife, and I am hoping beyond measure that their orders will be changed at the last minute and they will be able to stick around. Anyway, Chaplain Criner turned the time over to his wife and then she welcomed the newest member of the Tripler Family, Bristol. They then started pulling out all of these wonderful gifts and surprised us with a little baby shower. WOW!! Neither Lee nor I had any idea. It is pretty exciting to have been given the gifts, but even more exciting to me that we were surprised by wonderful friends. So glad we are stationed here right now to share this special time with so many who are dear to our hearts!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!