CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children
teach us what life is all about."



Friday, April 2, 2010

My idol is the Cake Boss!

So I love decorating cakes.  I am not much of a cake eater, but that is probably good since I have decided I would like to refine all of my cake decorating skills and try to become more of a professional.  I have watched every episode of the cake boss and been watching every youtube video I can get a hold of.  I realized that as far as training goes, it is mostly a product of practice, practice, practice.  So I have made a goal to try and make at least 2 cakes a month that are unique and creative.  These are my first two tries. The white one was for my girls youth night, and the blue one was my second try for Sunday dinner.  What do you think?  Wish me luck.  Maybe by the time my kids are grown you will see my new show, "Cake Queen!"   You never know ;)

2 comments:

Jaimie

You are soooo oh my goodnessly talented!!! Keep it up!! WOW!
Fondant scares me a bit. I know it's like playdough you can actually eat. Maybe I'll have to try your recipe...

Martie

AMAzing, Heidi! I really need you to move so you can make Nariana's wedding cake in August! You always were just amazingly talented. Beautiful!!! And your family is too. You are blessed!!

Margaret